Patient Post-Surgery Instructions
By St. Louis South Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
Thank you for entrusting St. Louis South Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery with your dental health needs. We will extend experienced clinical skill and compassionate service toward your comfort and well-being while you are in our care like accommodating emergency appointments on the day of the request.
Please bring the following forms and items with you to the initial appointment:
- Completed patient paperwork (may be completed in the office or online)
- Insurance cards (both medical and dental)
- Photo identification (required by law)
- Guardianship documents (if applicable)
- Complete list and dosage of all medications
- Referral from doctor/dentist (if applicable)
- X-ray/s from referring office (unless other provisions have been made) see below
If your doctor has taken x-rays please arrange to have them forwarded to our office. If there is insufficient time, please pick them up and bring them with you. If additional films are necessary they may be taken at our facility.
Helpful guidelines in preparation to your St. Louis South Oral Surgery visit:
- A patient under the age of 18 is considered to be a minor under MO law and therefore requires a parent or legal guardian to attend the appointment. If this is a concern, please contact the office.
- We participate with many medical and dental plans, but it is your responsibility to confirm that our doctors are contracted with your carrier by consulting your insurance list of participating doctors.
- Review this website or call our office for information about our doctors, procedures and protocols, driving directions etc.
- A 24 hour cancellation notice is requested to appoint emergency cases in your time allotment.
- When making an appointment please alert our office if you have a medical condition that may be of concern (i.e., diabetes, high blood pressure, artificial heart valves and joints, head or neck radiation, etc.) or if you are currently taking any medication, ( i.e., heart medication, aspirin, anticoagulant therapy, etc.)
While we strive to honor our appointment schedule to avoid wait periods, the nature of oral surgery inevitably involves emergencies or unforeseen treatment needs which cause occasional delays. If you experience a wait, we ask for your patience and understanding while we address the needs of others.
Request an Appoinment
*Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, our physical offices are open by appointment only at this time. However, you can still book a consultation with St. Louis South via HIPAA-compliant virtual conferencing and we are still performing urgent procedures. To request a telemedicine/virtual visit consultation, please fill the form out and select ‘Telehealth Consultation’ or ‘Emergency Services’. Our staff will then contact you to confirm your virtual appointment.