Patient Post-Surgery Instructions
Dr. Steven Hribernik or Dr. William Gray
Thank you for entrusting St. Louis South Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery with your dental health needs. We will extend experienced clinical skill and compassionate service toward your comfort and well-being while you are in our care like accommodating emergency appointments on the day of the request.
Please bring the following forms and items with you to the initial appointment:
- Completed patient paperwork (may be completed in the office or online)
- Insurance cards (both medical and dental)
- Photo identification (required by law)
- Guardianship documents (if applicable)
- Complete list and dosage of all medications
- Referral from doctor/dentist (if applicable)
- X-ray/s from referring office (unless other provisions have been made) see below
If your doctor has taken x-rays please arrange to have them forwarded to our office. If there is insufficient time, please pick them up and bring them with you. If additional films are necessary they may be taken at our facility.
Helpful guidelines in preparation to your St. Louis South Oral Surgery visit:
- A patient under the age of 18 is considered to be a minor under MO law and therefore requires a parent or legal guardian to attend the appointment. If this is a concern, please contact the office.
- We participate with many medical and dental plans, but it is your responsibility to confirm that our doctors are contracted with your carrier by consulting your insurance list of participating doctors.
- Review this website or call our office for information about our doctors, procedures and protocols, driving directions etc.
- A 24 hour cancellation notice is requested to appoint emergency cases in your time allotment.
- When making an appointment please alert our office if you have a medical condition that may be of concern (i.e., diabetes, high blood pressure, artificial heart valves and joints, head or neck radiation, etc.) or if you are currently taking any medication, ( i.e., heart medication, aspirin, anticoagulant therapy, etc.)
While we strive to honor our appointment schedule to avoid wait periods, the nature of oral surgery inevitably involves emergencies or unforeseen treatment needs which cause occasional delays. If you experience a wait, we ask for your patience and understanding while we address the needs of others.
WHAT OUR PATIENTS HAVE TO SAY ABOUT US
My mouth got infected from a wisdom tooth removal which was not their fault, it can just happen. When I called to tell them about it I was able to come in the same day. When i arrived that day I was seen promtly and had the infection cut out which was very painfull but it had it be done. The pain did not go away until the next day but after that i was good to go and the super antibotic did the trick and now I am 100% better. . Thank you SLSOS. If you have a SOS coming from a tooth go to Stl SouthOralSurgery.
They do wonderful work and great people.